Observations: Week 2
- We’re used to getting great deals when buying things in bulk. Not here. Smaller-count items are often cheaper, so it’s worth looking at the unit price when shopping. Guess that’s why Costco doesn’t exist here.
- The love for crisps in the British Isles is like none other. I like how at the grocery checkout area, a wide range of snack-size bags of crisps are arranged (in the States, it’s usually just candy and gum). #cheeseandonion
- We’ve done two loads of laundry in the new apartment. It’s still really bizarre having a washing machine right next to the oven.
- It’s even more bizarre having a washer that’s also a dryer. (Spoiler: Having a separate dryer is SO much better.)
- OK, Halloween’s over. Time to break out all of the Christmas decorations IMMEDIATELY.